INDIANAPOLIS, Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, the Lilly Foundation is donating $200,000 to the American Red Cross in support of relief efforts in affected areas of the United States. Additionally, the foundation is contributing a $1 match for every dollar donated by Lilly employees to the American Red Cross or Salvation Army.
Following is a statement from Robert L. Smith, president, Lilly Foundation:
"Hurricane Sandy had a devastating effect on millions of people along the east coast of the United States – many of whom are now dealing with loss of home or loss of infrastructure. The road back will be a long one. With the help of our employees, it's our privilege at Lilly to support relief organizations such as the American Red Cross, which will deliver crucial assistance to those in need in the days, weeks and months ahead."
About Eli Lilly and CompanyLilly, a leading innovation-driven corporation, is developing a growing portfolio of pharmaceutical products by applying the latest research from its own worldwide laboratories and from collaborations with eminent scientific organizations. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Ind., Lilly provides answers – through medicines and information ─ for some of the world's most urgent medical needs. Additional information about Lilly is available at www.lilly.com. C-LLY (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20031219/LLYLOGO) SOURCE Eli Lilly and Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV