Bed, Bath & Beyond
Looking at Bed, Bath & Beyond's (BBBY) average free cash flow over the past five years can be a bit deceiving, as free cash flow has averaged around $550 million. Yet over the past three years, its average free cash flow has been has been a more robust $830 million. That compares quite favorably to its current $12 billion market value, revealing a 7% free cash flow yield, one of the highest figures among major retailers. With shares falling nearly $20 from their late-June highs (to a recent $57), investors may give this free cash flow powerhouse a fresh look as the consumer economy improves.
Electronic payments processor Global Payments (GPN) got a black eye this spring when it admitted that thousands of consumer files may have been stolen. Shares took a quick hit and have remained lower, even as the negative publicity has receded without major ramifications for the company.Investors that dumped the stock in the spring may have overlooked just how financially impressive this company is. Global Payments sports an enterprise value of around $3 billion, even though it typically generates more than $500 million in annual free cash flow. (That figure was actually negative in the most recent fiscal year due to some accounting issues.) The company is once again firmly in the black in the current fiscal year. Analysts at Citigroup predict that free cash flow will exceed $300 million in fiscal 2013 and 2014, and top $400 million by fiscal 2015. That compares quite favorably to its $3 billion market value.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV