Nov. 1, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) is further strengthening and developing its leadership team while continuing to deliver the One Ford plan for profitable growth.
Ford Executive Chairman
today said that
plans to continue to serve as Ford president and CEO through at least 2014. At the same time,
is named the company's new chief operating officer, effective
Mulally will continue leading the long-term strategic development of the One Ford plan and its continuous improvement. Fields will be responsible for all business operations.
Fields will continue to report to Mulally, as will the company's chief financial officer, general counsel and group vice president of Human Resources and Corporate Services.
Ford's automotive business units – The Americas (including both
– will report to Fields. Also reporting to Fields will be most of the company's functional skill teams, including Product Development; Manufacturing and Labor Affairs; Purchasing; Quality; Sustainability, Environment and Safety Engineering; Information Technology; Government and Community Relations; Marketing, Sales and Service; and Communications.
The company also made several other concurrent leadership announcements, also effective
- Joe Hinrichs is named executive vice president and president of The Americas; Hinrichs is currently group vice president and president of Asia Pacific Africa
- Stephen Odell is named executive vice president and president of Europe, Middle East and Africa; Odell is currently group vice president, chairman and CEO, Ford of Europe; Africa is being realigned with Europe and the Middle East under Odell to take advantage of profitable growth opportunities and efficiencies
- Jim Farley is named executive vice president of Global Marketing, Sales and Service and Lincoln; Farley, who is currently a group vice president, adds operating responsibility as the senior global leader for Lincoln, working together with the company's business units and functions on the re-invention of Lincoln as a world-class, global luxury brand
- David Schoch is named group vice president and president of Asia Pacific; Schoch is currently chairman and CEO, Ford of China
- John Lawler is elected a Ford Motor Company vice president and named chairman and CEO of Ford Motor China; Lawler is currently CFO, Ford Asia Pacific Africa
"Today marks an important next step in the profitable growth of the Ford Motor Company and the appointment of key leaders who will help us continue to make progress on our One Ford plan,"
said. "The strength of our people and stability of our team are competitive advantages for Ford. We are fortunate to have Alan's continued leadership as well as talented senior leaders throughout our company who are developing and working together and delivering on our plan."
For the past seven years as executive vice president and president of The Americas, Fields has been responsible for the transformation of the company's North American operations and its record profitability. In the role, he has led the development, manufacturing, marketing and sales of Ford and
the United States
and South America.
Hinrichs has led Ford's
growth plan for the past three years, overseeing the current construction of nine new plants and spearheading a commitment to bring more than 50 new vehicles and powertrains to the region by mid-decade. He now will apply his extensive business and automotive experience to Ford's Americas operations, focusing on continuing the momentum in
and building a stronger business in
Odell is leading Ford's transformation in
, with a focus on using the One Ford plan to achieve profitable growth through an unprecedented focus on new products, a strong brand and increased cost efficiency. Having previously led the transformation of Mazda and Volvo, Odell will lead the company's focus on growth in
Farley will continue to lead Ford's global Marketing, Sales and Service to world-class levels, focusing on new customers and revenue growth. His new global responsibility for the Lincoln brand will build on his experience growing Toyota's Lexus brand around the world.