CARLSBAD, Calif., Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Life Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: LIFE) has received a Letter of No Objection from the U.S. Department of Agriculture -- Food Safety and Inspection Service (USDA-FSIS) for its RapidFinder™ STEC (Shiga-toxin producing Escherichia coli) Detection system. Developed in collaboration with the USDA, the solution provides meat producers a new, validated solution that accurately detects the presence of multiple strains of E. coli in raw beef in just 10 hours.
The Letter of No Objection supports the test's effectiveness and allows companies to comply with the USDA's regulation standards. The RapidFinder system's quick turnaround time to achieve accurate results reduces the standard six-day process established by the USDA Microbiology Laboratory Guidebook (MLG). While the MLG method provides confident results and isolation of E. coli, the traditional process is time consuming, labor intensive and requires too many reagents, all of which drive up cost.
"The more strains of E. coli that meat producers can quickly and accurately analyze, the more likely they can ensure that beef is safe for public consumption," said Nir Nimrodi, Vice President and General Manager of Food Safety and Animal Health at Life Technologies. "The success of RapidFinder STEC is partially attributed to the large pool of leading customers who served as beta testers and with whom we also collaborated on this product. The USDA's Letter of No Objection further validates our solution's ability to satisfy the unique safety and business requirements within the meat industry."
RapidFinder™ significantly reduces the rate of false negative and false positive results, hurdles that can delay safe beef products from arriving to market. The system has also been designed to integrate seamlessly within existing testing programs, resulting in improved efficiency, productivity and cost savings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV