Total drugstore sales for the 34 weeks ended Oct. 27, 2012 were flat with sales of $16.463 billion compared to $16.467 billion for the same period last year. Prescription sales represented 68.0 percent of total drugstore sales, and third party prescription sales represented 96.6 percent of pharmacy sales.
Rite Aid is one of the nation’s largest drugstore chains. On Oct. 27, 2012, the company operated 4,637 stores compared to 4,688 stores in the like period a year ago. Information about Rite Aid, including corporate background and press releases, is available through the company’s website at http://www.riteaid.com. Note that all sales data in this release is preliminary, unaudited and subject to revision.
Statements in this release that are not historical are
forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions
of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These
forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and
involve risks, assumptions and uncertainties that are described in Item
1A (Risk Factors) of our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and in
other documents that we file or furnish with the Securities and Exchange
Commission, which you are encouraged to read. Should one or more of
these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying
assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from
those indicated or anticipated by such forward-looking statements.
Accordingly, you are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these
forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date they are
made. Rite Aid expressly disclaims any current intention to update
publicly any forward-looking statement after the distribution of this
release, whether as a result of new information, future events, changes
in assumptions or otherwise.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV