- Strong Operating and Financial Results. Adjusted EBITDA increased 32% to $31.3 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2012 compared to the same period last year, due to a 4% increase in total revenues combined with an 8% decrease in programming costs and marketing reductions for the quarter.
- Completed 2012/2013 Upfront Negotiations. We have concluded our 2012/2013 Upfront negotiations (fourth quarter of 2012 through third quarter of 2013), securing double digit increases in total Upfront sales versus a year ago. CPM (cost per thousand impressions) increases were locked in at mid-single digits, with first-time advertisers paying over 22% higher CPMs than the incumbent average.
- Solid Scatter Pricing Increases for Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel. Both Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel secured scatter pricing above CPM increases previously secured in the 2011/2012 Upfront. Hallmark Channel’s scatter CPMs are up 53% while Hallmark Movie Channel’s scatter CPMs are up 51% compared to the 2011/2012 Upfront.
- Hallmark Movie Channel Continues Growth in Key Demo. Hallmark Movie Channel’s October 13 th premiere of “The Seven Year Hitch” — the network’s final original movie of 2012 — reached a new high for the network as its most watched original premiere among women 25-54 to-date according to Nielsen.
- Ratings Successes for Hallmark Channel. According to Nielsen, the September 8 th premiere of Hallmark Channel’s original movie, “Puppy Love”, was highest rated original premiere for 2012 to-date and the #1-rated ad-supported cable movie of the day and the week. That entire week, September 3 rd through 9 th, marked the network’s 2 nd highest week of the year among women 25–54 in primetime. This upward trend continued into the following week, September 10 th – 16 th, which became the network’s 2 nd highest week of the year among women 25-54 for total day delivery.
Crown Media Holdings Announces Operating Results For Third Quarter Of 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.