- Strong Operating and Financial Results. Adjusted EBITDA increased 32% to $31.3 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2012 compared to the same period last year, due to a 4% increase in total revenues combined with an 8% decrease in programming costs and marketing reductions for the quarter.
- Completed 2012/2013 Upfront Negotiations. We have concluded our 2012/2013 Upfront negotiations (fourth quarter of 2012 through third quarter of 2013), securing double digit increases in total Upfront sales versus a year ago. CPM (cost per thousand impressions) increases were locked in at mid-single digits, with first-time advertisers paying over 22% higher CPMs than the incumbent average.
- Solid Scatter Pricing Increases for Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel. Both Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel secured scatter pricing above CPM increases previously secured in the 2011/2012 Upfront. Hallmark Channel’s scatter CPMs are up 53% while Hallmark Movie Channel’s scatter CPMs are up 51% compared to the 2011/2012 Upfront.
- Hallmark Movie Channel Continues Growth in Key Demo. Hallmark Movie Channel’s October 13 th premiere of “The Seven Year Hitch” — the network’s final original movie of 2012 — reached a new high for the network as its most watched original premiere among women 25-54 to-date according to Nielsen.
- Ratings Successes for Hallmark Channel. According to Nielsen, the September 8 th premiere of Hallmark Channel’s original movie, “Puppy Love”, was highest rated original premiere for 2012 to-date and the #1-rated ad-supported cable movie of the day and the week. That entire week, September 3 rd through 9 th, marked the network’s 2 nd highest week of the year among women 25–54 in primetime. This upward trend continued into the following week, September 10 th – 16 th, which became the network’s 2 nd highest week of the year among women 25-54 for total day delivery.
Crown Media Holdings Announces Operating Results For Third Quarter Of 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.