Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE:JWN) today reported a 9.8 percent increase in same-store sales for the four-week period ended October 27, 2012 compared with the four-week period ended October 29, 2011. Preliminary total retail sales of $835 million for October 2012 increased 11.5 percent compared with total retail sales of $749 million for the same period in fiscal 2011.
Third quarter same-store sales, which reflected a shift in the timing of the Anniversary Sale event, increased 10.7 percent compared with the same period in fiscal 2011. Preliminary third quarter total retail sales of $2.71 billion increased 13.8 percent compared with total retail sales of $2.38 billion for the same period in fiscal 2011.
Year-to-date same-store sales increased 7.7 percent compared with the same period in fiscal 2011. Preliminary year-to-date total retail sales of $8.17 billion increased 11.4 percent compared with total retail sales of $7.33 billion for the same period in fiscal 2011.
SALES RECORDINGTo hear Nordstrom’s pre-recorded October sales message, please dial (402) 220-6036 beginning today at 8:40 a.m. EDT. This recording will be available for one week.
|OCTOBER SALES RESULTS|
|(unaudited; $ in millions)|
|Total Retail Sales||Same-store Sales|
|Fiscal 2012||Fiscal 2011||Percent Increase||Total||Nordstrom||Nordstrom Rack|
|Number of stores||Oct-12||Oct-11|
|Nordstrom Rack and other||121||108|
|Gross square footage||25,213,000||24,744,000|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV