- Net sales increased 15.1% to $183.4 million from $159.3 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Income from operations was $17.6 million compared with $16.1 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2012. Operating income for the first quarter of 2013 included, pre-tax, $0.2 million of restructuring charges and $1.5 million of non-cash purchase accounting expenses. The first quarter of 2012 included, pre-tax, $0.5 million of restructuring charges. Excluding these items from both periods, the Company reported non-GAAP first-quarter fiscal 2013 operating income of $19.3 million compared with $16.6 million in the year-earlier quarter, an increase of 16.2%.
- Net income from continuing operations was $11.9 million, or $0.93 per diluted share, including, after tax, $0.2 million of restructuring charges and $1.0 million of non-cash purchase accounting expenses. This compares with first quarter 2012 net income from continuing operations of $11.8 million, or $0.93 per diluted share, which included, after tax, $0.3 million of restructuring charges and $0.5 million of tax benefits. Excluding the aforementioned items from both periods, non-GAAP net income from continuing operations increased 12.7% to $13.1 million, or $1.02 per diluted share, from $11.6 million, or $0.92 per diluted share, in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- EBITDA (earnings before interest, income taxes, depreciation and amortization) was $21.4 million compared with $19.8 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2012. Excluding the previously mentioned items from both periods, EBITDA increased 13.6% to $23.1 million from $20.4 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Net working capital (defined as accounts receivable plus inventories less accounts payable) was $131.2 million at the end of the first quarter of 2013, compared with $115.4 million a year earlier. Working capital turns were 5.6 for the first quarter of fiscal 2013, compared with 5.5 turns in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- The Company’s net debt (defined as short-term debt plus long-term debt less cash) of $35.0 million compares with net cash of $4.7 million at June 30, 2012.
Standex Reports 15% Sales Growth In First Quarter Fiscal 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.