MONTREAL, Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Resolute Forest Products (NYSE: RFP) (TSX: RFP) released its Sustainability Report for 2011 Performance today, detailing Company efforts to balance environmental, social and economic considerations. The report also publicly introduces Resolute's first company-wide sustainability strategy which has three primary areas of focus:
- Reinforce Resolute's environmental credentials, taking appropriate steps to responsibly manage its environmental footprint;
- Position the Company as a competitive employer, attracting and retaining employees based on opportunities to quickly learn and grow within a dynamic organization; and
- Build solid community relations in Resolute's operating locations, recognizing that economically viable and civically involved companies support long-term regional prosperity.
"Over the past year, we have worked hard to deliver on the sustainability commitments we have made, and meaningful progress was achieved," said Richard Garneau, President and Chief Executive Officer. "As we move forward and implement our new sustainability strategy, we recognize the value of engaging our employees and stakeholders in raising the bar on our sustainability performance."
- Becoming a member in the World Wildlife Fund's prestigious Climate Savers program, which helps companies set and achieve ambitious emission reduction targets. In 2011, the Company reduced its GHG emissions by 6% from 2010 levels, a 62% decrease versus 2000 levels.
- Increasing efforts to certify more Company-managed woodlands operations through the Forest Stewardship Council ® (FSC) Sustainable Forest Management standard, leading to the Company becoming the world's largest manager of FSC-certified forests in 2012.
- Creating a management-level sustainability committee which prepared and is responsible for implementing Resolute's new corporate sustainability strategy.
- Completing a major life-cycle assessment of the Company's eco-friendly family of papers in 2011. These papers were launched in 2012 under the Align™ brand name.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV