MILWAUKEE, Wis., Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE:BGG) announced today the opening of a wholly owned subsidiary, Briggs & Stratton ( Malaysia) SDN BHD. Briggs & Stratton Malaysia will serve as the regional center of sales, marketing, and technical support for the South-East Asian, Korean and Taiwan outdoor power equipment markets. The Company will sell air-cooled engines, power products and provide related service material.
"This is another example of our continued progress toward executing on our strategy to expand in geographic regions," said Edward Wajda, Vice President and General Manager of Briggs & Stratton's International Operations. "The Company is committed to remaining an industry leader on a global basis and opening this office will allow us to better serve the needs of our customers in Southeast Asia and position us well for future growth," according to Wajda.
Robert Spletter, current Managing Director for the Company's
Southeast Asia region will be based in
Kuala Lumpur to oversee the operations.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiary Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group LLC is North America's number one marketer of portable generators and pressure washers, and is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of standby generators, along with lawn and garden and turf care through its Simplicity ®, Snapper ®, Snapper Pro ®, Ferris ® and Murray ® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV