FelCor Lodging Trust Incorporated (NYSE: FCH), today reported operating results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
- Revenue per available room (“RevPAR”) for 66 same-store hotels (45 core and 21 non-strategic) increased 6.2% for the quarter.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $53.2 million.
- Adjusted funds from operations ("FFO") per share was $0.08.
- Net loss was $19.6 million.
- Sold three non-strategic hotels (one in August and two in October) for $95.5 million. Proceeds were used to repay debt and the remaining $38 million of accrued preferred dividends on October 31. Expect to sell one additional non-strategic hotel for gross proceeds of $8.7 million. To date, we have sold 19 of 39 hotels.
- Closed five non-crossed 10-year secured loans bearing an average interest rate of 4.95%, raising $160.8 million. Used a portion of the proceeds to repay a $107 million mortgage loan (secured by seven properties) at 9.02%.
Third Quarter Operating Results:
RevPAR for 66 same-store hotels was $107.78, a 6.2% increase compared to the same period in 2011. The increase reflects a 6.9% increase in average daily rate (“ADR”) to $144.06 and a 50 basis point decrease in occupancy to 74.8%. RevPAR for our core hotels increased 6.6%, while RevPAR at our non-strategic hotels increased 4.7%. RevPAR at newly-acquired and redeveloped hotels increased 12.0% during the quarter and 14.3% during the month of September.Commenting on third quarter results, Richard A. Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer of FelCor, said, “I am pleased with our results, as our RevPAR growth exceeded the industry average. Our efforts to remix customer segments and increase ADR have been successful, and ADR growth exceeded our expectations. While food and beverage profit was significantly above prior year, it was below our expectations and impacted our margins. Nonetheless, our operating results met the low-end of our expectations. Overall, lodging fundamentals remain strong. Transient demand continues to be solid, and supply growth is at historically low levels. These tailwinds will bolster U.S. RevPAR for the next few years.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV