(6) Such amounts have been recast as if UNEV had been under our control at December 31, 2011. The impact on partners' equity from this recast was an increase of $314 million at December 31, 2011. Accounting rules for transactions between companies under common control require pre-acquisition periods to reflect HFC's historic basis in transferred assets and liabilities, notwithstanding how the transaction is ultimately financed. With the close of the UNEV acquisition in July 2012, we adjusted partners' equity to reflect the actual financing of the transaction. This included cash consideration of approximately $260.9 million which was financed through long-term borrowings. The reduction in partners' equity when comparing the reported periods is due principally to the recast accounting treatment.
Holly Energy Partners, L.P. Reports Third Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.