Third Quarter 2012 Revenue Highlights
Revenues for the quarter were $72.5 million, a $23.5 million increase compared to the third quarter of 2011. The revenue increase was due to increased pipeline shipments, revenues attributable to our July 2012 and November 2011 acquisitions and the effect of annual tariff increases. Overall pipeline volumes were up 23% compared to the third quarter of 2011.
- Revenues from our refined product pipelines were $25.9 million, an increase of $6.9 million primarily due to increased refined pipeline shipments, revenues attributable to UNEV and annual tariff increases. Shipments averaged 180.4 thousand barrels per day (“mbpd”) compared to 140.3 mbpd for the third quarter of 2011 .
- Revenues from our intermediate pipelines were $7.3 million, an increase of $1.4 million, on shipments averaging 132.2 mbpd compared to 91.8 mbpd for the third quarter of 2011. This includes $1.3 million in revenues attributable to our Tulsa interconnect pipelines that were placed in service in September 2011.
- Revenues from our crude pipelines were $12.3 million, an increase of $1.5 million, on shipments averaging 187.9 mbpd compared to 175.5 mbpd for the third quarter of 2011.
- Revenues from terminal, tankage and loading rack fees were $27.0 million, an increase of $13.7 million compared to the third quarter of 2011. This includes $12.4 million in revenues attributable to our assets acquired in November 2011 that serve HollyFrontier's El Dorado and Cheyenne refineries. Refined products terminalled in our facilities increased to an average of 325.1 mbpd compared to 227.2 mbpd for the third quarter of 2011.
Revenues for the three months ended September 30, 2012 include the recognition of $0.7 million of prior shortfalls billed to shippers in 2011, as they did not meet their minimum volume commitments within the contractual make-up period. As of September 30, 2012, deferred revenue in our consolidated balance sheet was $9.3 million. Such deferred revenue will be recognized in earnings either as payment for shipments in excess of guaranteed levels or when shipping rights expire unused over the contractual make-up period.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts