Total operating expenses, excluding COGS, for the quarter ended September 30, 2012 were $18.0 million, as compared to $32.1 million for the third quarter of 2011. Total operating expenses, excluding COGS, for the nine months ended September 30, 2012 were $67.5 million, as compared to $98.8 million for the same period in 2011. The decreases in total operating expenses in the 2012 periods were due to decreased research and development costs associated with the company’s global IDA registration program and decreased selling, general and administrative expenses as the company realized the benefits of its streamlined cost structure.
For the quarter ended September 30, 2012, the company’s net loss decreased 76% to $4.0 million, or a loss of $0.19 per basic and diluted share, as compared to a net loss of $16.6 million, or a loss of $0.78 per basic and diluted share, for the third quarter of 2011. AMAG’s net loss for the nine months ended September 30, 2012 was $13.1 million, or a loss of $0.61 per basic and diluted share, as compared to a net loss of $58.5 million, or a loss of $2.76 per basic and diluted share for the same period in 2011.
Updated Annual 2012 Financial Guidance
The company is updating its 2012 full year financial guidance. AMAG now expects:
- Increased net Feraheme product revenue of $58 – $60 million, including the impact of changes in estimated reserves already recorded this year; and
- Reduced total operating expenses, excluding COGS, of $87 – $90 million.
- COGS of approximately 20% – 24% of total product sales, which includes accelerated depreciation and idle capacity associated with the closure of the company’s manufacturing facility;
- Cash milestones totaling $33 million associated with regulatory approvals and commercial launches in the EU and Canada, $18 million of which have already been received; and
- A 2012 year-end cash and investments balance of $225 – $230 million, not including the impact of a business development transaction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV