- Total revenues for the third quarter of 2012 were $17.7 million, which included $16.2 of net U.S. Feraheme product revenues. As a result of actions taken earlier this year to improve the pricing dynamics for Feraheme, net revenue realized per gram of Feraheme increased in the third quarter of 2012 compared to the second quarter of 2012, reversing a historically downward trend.
- Feraheme provider demand 1 for the third quarter of 2012 was approximately 27,500 grams, an 11% increase over the third quarter of 2011, with growth continuing to outpace IV iron market growth. Feraheme gained share in the hematology and hospital segments, with demand in these segments growing at 8% and 34%, respectively, compared to the third quarter of 2011.
- The company reported positive data from the second phase III clinical trials of Feraheme for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia regardless of the underlying cause and plans to submit a supplemental new drug application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- International expansion efforts for ferumoxytol are progressing as planned. The first shipment of ferumoxytol to support European launch of Rienso®, the brand name of ferumoxytol in Europe, occurred in the third quarter. Revenue from these sales has been deferred until the product has been sold to customers of Takeda Pharmaceuticals Company, Ltd., AMAG’s partner in the EU and Canada. Additionally, Feraheme was launched in Canada early in the fourth quarter, for which AMAG has received a $3 million milestone payment, and today, Rienso was launched in Europe. The first commercial sale of Rienso in Europe, which is expected shortly, triggers a $15 million milestone payment from Takeda.
AMAG Pharmaceuticals Announces Financial Results For The Third Quarter And Nine Months Ended September 30, 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.