Business Segment Results
Xylem’s Water Infrastructure businesses provide equipment and services focused on the transport, treatment and testing of water and wastewater in the public utility and industrial markets.
- Third quarter 2012 segment revenue was $595 million, up 7 percent in constant currencies, and up 2 percent as reported, with growth in public utility activity in all regions more than offsetting weakness in industrial.
- Third quarter adjusted segment operating margin was 15.0 percent. Stand-alone costs negatively impacted operating margin 50 basis points for the third quarter of 2012.
Applied WaterXylem’s Applied Water businesses provide equipment and services in the residential and commercial building services, general industrial and agricultural markets.
- Third quarter 2012 segment revenue was $350 million, down 2 percent in constant currencies, and 5 percent as reported, reflecting comparison to a particularly strong third quarter 2011, and ongoing weakness in commercial building services.
- Third quarter adjusted segment operating margin was 12.6 percent. Stand-alone costs negatively impacted operating margin 60 basis points for the third quarter of 2012.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts