- Revenues increased 11.0% to $204.5 million versus $184.3 million a year ago.
- Net income was $3.7 million in the third quarter compared to $4.8 million a year ago. Adjusted Net Income increased $6.1 million to $10.9 million compared to net income of $4.8 million a year ago.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 38.3% to $55.9 million from $40.4 million, yielding a margin of 27.3% compared to 21.9% of revenues a year ago.
- Rental revenues increased 27.2%, or $16.6 million, to $77.8 million due to improved rates, a larger fleet compared to a year ago and strong demand.
- New equipment sales increased 5.3%, or $2.5 million, to $49.0 million, largely due to higher crane sales.
- Gross margin was 32.7% as compared to 29.2% a year ago. Rental gross margins increased to 48.9% compared to 44.0% a year ago.
- Average time utilization (based on original equipment cost) increased to 72.9% compared to 71.8% a year ago and 73.5% in the second quarter of 2012. Average time utilization (based on units available for rent) was 68.9% compared to 68.9% last year and 68.7% last quarter.
- Average rental rates increased 10.2% compared to a year ago and improved 2.9% compared to the second quarter of this year.
- Dollar utilization was 36.7% as compared to 33.7% a year ago.
- Average rental fleet age at September 30, 2012 was 38.6 months, down from 40.4 months at the end of the last quarter and significantly younger than the industry average age of 48 months.
- Successful notes offering of $530 million of new 10-year 7% senior unsecured notes. Proceeds were used primarily to repurchase or redeem our then-outstanding 8 3/8% senior unsecured notes and fund a dividend to shareholders of approximately $246 million.
H&E Equipment Services Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.