1) Acquire synergistic revenue generating products in biodefense and other specialty markets. This approach is designed to advance the company towards the achievement of the 2015 goals by:
- increasing revenue through product acquisitions addressing specialty markets where existing capabilities can improve product performance and financial returns;
- enhancing contributions to net income growth; and
- providing product revenue diversification.
2) Focus product development efforts on promising late-stage candidates. This approach is designed to advance the company towards the achievement of the 2015 goals by:
- advancing only those programs that have achieved clinically important milestones that justify further research and development investments;
- enhancing the value of development expenditures by focusing on products that have the potential for nearer term regulatory approval; and
- minimizing early stage research and development costs that are not funded by third parties.
3) Expand collaborations with third parties such as governments and NGOs. This approach is designed to advance the company toward the achievement of the 2015 goals by:
- mitigating operational risk through the knowledge, capabilities and expertise provided by partners and collaborators; and
- offsetting development expenditures through non-dilutive funding.
Continuing, Abdun-Nabi said, “With this plan, I see great opportunities ahead for the company, for our employees, for our customers and partners, and for creating shareholder value in the near- and long-term. As we continue to build Emergent into a leading specialty pharmaceutical company, we remain committed to our mission – to protect life.”Conference Call and Webcast The company will discuss the growth plan during the company’s Q3 2012 financial results conference call, scheduled for 8:00 AM Eastern today. The conference call is accessible by dialing 888-679-8037 or 617-213-4849 (international) and providing passcode 34805828. A webcast of the conference call will be accessible from the company’s website at www.emergentbiosolutions.com, under “ Investors”. A replay of the conference call will be accessible, approximately two hours following the conclusion of the call, by dialing 888-286-8010 or 617-801-6888 and using the passcode 51609046. The replay will be available through November 8, 2012. The webcast will be archived on the company’s website, www.emergentbiosolutions.com, under “ Investors”. About Emergent BioSolutions Inc. Emergent BioSolutions is a specialty pharmaceutical company seeking to protect and enhance life by offering specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats. Additional information about us may be found at www.emergentbiosolutions.com. Follow us on twitter: @emergentbiosolu. Forward-Looking Statements This press release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any statements, other than statements of historical fact, including statements regarding our strategy, future operations, future financial position, future revenues, projected costs, prospects, plans and objectives of management, including our expected revenue growth and net income, and any other statements containing the words “believes”, “expects”, “anticipates”, “intends”, “plans”, “estimates” and similar expressions, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current intentions, beliefs and expectations regarding future events. We cannot guarantee that any forward-looking statement will be accurate. Investors should realize that if underlying assumptions prove inaccurate or unknown risks or uncertainties materialize, actual results could differ materially from our expectations. Investors are, therefore, cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statement. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date of this press release, and, except as required by law, we do not undertake to update any forward-looking statement to reflect new information, events or circumstances.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV