Emergent BioSolutions Inc. (NYSE: EBS) announced today its financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2012.
Total revenues for Q3 and the first nine months of 2012 were $66.6 million and $187.3 million, respectively. Net income for Q3 2012 was $6.6 million, or $0.18 per basic share. Net income for the first nine months of 2012 was $7.4 million or $0.21 per basic share. The year-to-date 2012 net income included a one-time, non-cash charge of $9.6 million related to impairment of in-process research and development associated with the SBI-087 product candidate, which was being developed by Pfizer, related to Pfizer’s termination of its SBI-087 development programs.
The company also reaffirmed its full year 2012 guidance for total revenues of $280 to $300 million and net income of $15 to $25 million.
Q3 Operational Accomplishments
- Completed manufacture of BioThrax ® (Anthrax Vaccine Adsorbed) consistency lots in Building 55;
- Secured BARDA contract option to further advance the development of PreviThrax™ (Recombinant Protective Antigen Anthrax Vaccine, Purified); and
- Completed phase 1b comparative study evaluating TRU-016 in combination with bendamustine and rituximab in relapsed indolent non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts