Honda today marked its 30 th anniversary of U.S. auto production by reaching cumulative investments of more than $1.2 billion in U.S. manufacturing operations in the last two years, including the announcement today of more than $200 million in new investments in its Russells Point, Ohio, transmission plant and Anna, Ohio, engine plant, which will add 200 new manufacturing jobs. Honda has a cumulative investment in America of more than $12.5 billion.
“For 30 years, Honda associates in our U.S. auto plants have challenged themselves and set high standards to create products that meet the needs of our customers here and in markets around the world,” said Tetsuo Iwamura, president and CEO of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., and chief operating officer of North American Regional Operations. “We continue to invest in our associates, helping to keep our operations in America on the leading edge of quality, efficiency and flexibility.”
Consistent with Honda’s longstanding commitment to build products close to the customer, on Nov. 1, 1982 Honda became the first Japanese automaker to produce automobiles in America (using domestic and globally sourced parts) when the first Honda Accord rolled off the assembly line at the Marysville, Ohio, auto plant.
Honda builds automobiles, engines and transmissions in North America at seven auto plants, three auto engine plants and two transmission plants, with the capacity to produce 1.63 million cars and trucks per year. When combined with planned production increases at Honda’s U.S. auto plants, the 2014 start of production of sub-compact vehicles at Honda’s eighth North American auto plant, now under construction in Mexico, will increase Honda’s North American capacity to 1.92 million units.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV