Store Closures Related to Hurricane Sandy
The Company also provided store closure information related to Hurricane Sandy. A total of 54 stores across 10 states were closed as a result of the storm. As of this morning, 49 of the 54 stores have reopened. The Company noted that the 54 stores that were closed account for approximately 7% of annual sales.
The Company opened nine new stores during October. Goody’s stores were opened in Marianna, FL, Pell City, AL and Morganfield, KY; Peebles stores were opened in Taneytown, MD and Brockport, NY; a Bealls store was opened in Mountain Home, ID; and Steele’s stores were opened in Houma, LA and Uvalde and Mount Pleasant, TX.Reporting of Third Quarter Results The Company plans to report its third quarter results before the market opens on Thursday, November 15, 2012, and to hold a conference call and webcast the same day beginning at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time. About Stage Stores Stage Stores, Inc. operates primarily in small and mid-sized towns and communities. Its stores, which operate under the Bealls, Goody’s, Palais Royal, Peebles, Stage and Steele’s names, offer moderately priced, nationally recognized brand name apparel, accessories, cosmetics and footwear for the entire family. The Company operates 851 stores in 40 states. The Company also has an eCommerce website. For more information about Stage Stores, visit the Company’s web site at www.stagestoresinc.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV