Stage Stores, Inc. (NYSE: SSI) today reported that total sales for the four week October period ended October 27, 2012 increased 9.8% to $113 million from $102 million in the prior year four week October period ended October 29, 2011. Comparable store sales for the October period increased 6.5%.
For the month, cosmetics, home & gifts, junior sportswear, men’s and misses sportswear posted comparable store sales gains that exceeded the Company average. Geographically, all regions of the country achieved a comparable store sales increase, with the Midwest, Northeast, South Central and Southwest regions outperforming.
For the third quarter, the Company reported that total sales increased 11.1% to $371 million from $333 million last year. Comparable store sales for the quarter increased 8.1%. For the first nine months of the fiscal year, total sales grew 8.2% to $1,118 million and comparable store sales increased 5.3%.
|Comparable Store Sales||Total Sales|
|% Increase (Decrease)||($ in Millions)|
|1 st Quarter||2.5||0.2||366||347|
|2 nd Quarter||5.4||0.9||381||353|
|3 rd Quarter||8.1||(0.6)||371||333|
|Year-To-Date (9 Mos)||5.3||0.2||1,118||1,033|
Michael Glazer, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “October was another strong month for our company and provides us with nice momentum as we enter the critical fourth quarter. We feel we are well positioned for the important holiday shopping period with a solid combination of desirable merchandise assortments, a compelling promotional calendar and exciting store events.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV