BEIJING and DALLAS , Nov. 1 , 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NQ Mobile™ (NYSE: NQ), a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity, and Celcom Axiata Berhad, the first and foremost mobile telecommunications provider in Malaysia, today announced that they will bring the 12 million Celcom subscribers easy access to the most comprehensive parental controls and management toolset available today.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120125/CN41481LOGO-b)The agreement will promote the adoption of NQ Mobile's NQ Family Guardian solution, a complete parental controls suite for child safety and monitoring that uniquely offers a needed balance between protection and connection. Celcom will promote NQ Mobile's Family Guardian to new Celcom subscribers purchasing smartphones for their families and to Celcom's existing smartphone subscribers through direct marketing, monthly SMS campaigns, retail messaging, website banners, and other targeted promotions. To facilitate the purchase of NQ Mobile applications, Celcom will also offer carrier billing support.
NQ Family Guardian comprises a mobile app for Android devices that is downloaded and installed on the child's smartphone along with a web-based control center that is accessible from any desktop or mobile browser. The product uniquely enables parents to:Set Limits
- Browser Blocker : Safeguard your children by blocking inappropriate websites
- Contact Filter : Help your kids fight spam text and harassing calls by adding numbers to their block lists
- Geo-Fences : Set up a safe zone to for your children and get notified when they're outside of this safe zone
- Monitors: Keep track of your children's locations, messages, calls, browsing histories, app downloads, and photos
- Schedules : Control your children's mobile phone use by setting up times when they can unlock their phones to make calls, browse the Internet, text, and more
- App Filter : Make smart choices about which apps your children can download
- Check-in : Get check-in messages when your children arrive safely at their destinations. You can also track their location if they forget to check in
- Panic Alarm : If you kids are in trouble, they can send an alert message to your phone with their exact location