PHOENIX, Oct. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE: RSG) today announced it has restructured its field and corporate operations to create a more efficient and competitive company. These changes include consolidating field regions from four to three and areas from 28 to 20, relocating office space and reducing administrative staffing levels. Republic expects to record expenses of approximately $30 million with respect to this restructuring, approximately one-half of which will be incurred in the fourth quarter of 2012. This restructuring is expected to reduce selling, general and administrative expenses by approximately $23 million annually.
Commenting on the restructuring, Mr. Slager said, "We implemented this realignment to leverage our strong leadership team and organizational capabilities to refine how we operate. We have not made any changes to the span of control at our business units, keeping the appropriate leadership focus and decision making closest to our customers."
About RepublicRepublic is an industry leader in the U.S. non-hazardous solid waste industry. Through its subsidiaries, Republic's collection companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Republic and its employees believe in protecting the planet and applying common sense solutions to customers' waste and recycling challenges. Republic participates in investor presentations and conferences throughout the year. Interested parties can find a schedule of these conferences at republicservices.com by selecting "Calendar" on the investor relations page. Audio and other presentations from earnings calls and investor conferences are also available on the investor relations page of the website. SOURCE Republic Services, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV