During that span not only has the company's sales risen from $6 billion in 2002 to close to $130 billion, but profits have grown from $65 million to $41 billion, as of this most recent quarter. Now, somehow, the company's management deserves to be second guessed.
Apple is going to be Apple. It is going to continue to operate in a manner that suits its business and won't be influenced by noise and outside factors.
It is this exact mindset that has helped the company amass a cash pile of over $120 billion. With the holiday season approaching and the release of the iPad mini, iPad 4 and the iPhone 5, investors should expect a phenomenal start to the first quarter of 2013.
In the meantime, the market should appreciate that Apple's recent quarter was an "earnings miss" that really wasn't. Instead, analysts missed on their projections. Apple was just being Apple.At the time of publication, the author was long AAPL and held no position in any of the other stocks mentioned. Follow @rsaintvilus This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV