Factors that might cause such a difference include, but are not limited to (i) the ability to receive and timing of necessary regulatory approvals and the ability to raise the necessary capital to consummate the acquisition of BBVA’s Puerto Rico operations, (ii) difficulties in integrating BBVA’s Puerto Rico operations into Oriental’s operations; (iii) the amounts by which our assumptions related to the acquisition, including future financing, fail to approximate actual results; (iv) the rate of declining growth in the economy and employment levels, as well as general business and economic conditions; (v) changes in interest rates, as well as the magnitude of such changes; (vi) the fiscal and monetary policies of the federal government and its agencies; (vii) changes in federal bank regulatory and supervisory policies, including required levels of capital; (viii) the relative strength or weakness of the consumer and commercial credit sectors and of the real estate market in Puerto Rico; (ix) the performance of the stock and bond markets; (x) competition in the financial services industry; (xi) possible legislative, tax or regulatory changes; and (xii) difficulties in combining the operations of any other acquired entity.
For a discussion of such factors and certain risks and uncertainties to which Oriental is subject, see Oriental’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011, the registration statement and the final prospectus, once available, as well as its other filings with the SEC. Other than to the extent required by applicable law, including the requirements of applicable securities laws, Oriental assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect occurrences or unanticipated events or circumstances after the date of such statements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV