FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) has committed $1.2 million in cash and in-kind transportation to support hurricane relief efforts across the northeast corridor of the United States. Existing relationships with humanitarian organizations will allow FedEx to lend transportation and logistics expertise to support several agencies in their vital relief work following the devastation.
FedEx will provide monetary or in-kind transportation support to the following relief organizations to assist with their relief efforts: The American Red Cross, The Salvation Army, Heart to Heart International, and Direct Relief International. This support will allow these agencies to provide humanitarian relief to the hurricane victims, including food, shelter, clothing, medical supplies, and hygiene kits.
“FedEx team members around the globe are deeply saddened by the loss of life and devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy,” said Frederick W. Smith, chairman, president and CEO of FedEx Corp. “We will continue to work closely with several humanitarian and disaster relief organizations to assess the needs across the northeast and provide support to the areas hardest hit by the storm.”
FedEx has a long history of using its global network to deliver important and life-saving aid and support to lessen the pain and loss experienced by victims of natural disasters. Recent relief efforts include:
- Donating $1 million in cash and in-kind transportation to assist those affected by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan in March 2011.
- Donating $1.8 million, including the transportation of more than one million pounds of critical supplies, to assist those affected by the earthquake in Haiti in January 2010.
- Providing in-kind shipping for more than two million pounds of relief aid to those affected throughout the Gulf Coast region during the 2005 hurricane season.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts