Dollar Flat Versus Euro As US Stock Market Reopens
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ The dollar was unchanged against the euro Wednesday as U.S. stock markets reopen after being closed for two days because of Superstorm Sandy.
The euro was unchanged at $1.2962 Wednesday.
No U.S. economic data was released Wednesday. On Thursday the government will release figures on how many Americans applied for unemployment benefits and also on consumer's confidence.
The dollar rose to 79.76 Japanese yen from 79.60 Japanese yen and to 1.0002 Canadian dollar from 99.96 Canadian cents.The British pound rose to $1.6130 from $1.6077. The dollar fell to 0.9313 Swiss franc from 0.9323 Swiss franc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV