Revenue and Operating Highlights
Consolidated revenues increased $19.8 million, or 6.5%, for the third quarter of 2012 and increased $63.7 million, or 7.0%, for the nine months ended September 23, 2012 compared to the same periods in the prior year. The increases in revenues were primarily due to the following:
- Domestic company-owned restaurant sales increased $14.5 million, or 11.3%, and $35.5 million, or 9.0%, for the three and nine months ended September 23, 2012, respectively, due to increases in comparable sales of 5.0% and 5.1% and the net acquisition of 50 restaurants in the Denver and Minneapolis markets from a franchisee in the second quarter of 2012.
- North America franchise royalty revenue increased approximately $800,000, or 4.5%, and $2.6 million, or 4.7%, for the three and nine months ended September 23, 2012, respectively, primarily due to increases in comparable sales of 1.7% and 2.4% and increases in net franchise restaurants over the prior year. Royalty revenue increases were slightly offset by reduced royalties attributable to the company’s net acquisition of the 50 restaurants noted above.
- Domestic commissary sales increased $1.8 million, or 1.4%, and $17.3 million, or 4.6%, for the three and nine months ended September 23, 2012, respectively, primarily due to higher commissary product volumes resulting from increases in the volume of restaurant sales, partially offset by lower revenues due to lower commodity costs.
- International revenues increased $2.5 million, or 16.2%, and increased $9.7 million, or 22.8%, for the three and nine months ended September 23, 2012, respectively, primarily due to increases in the number of restaurants and increases in comparable sales of 6.9% and 7.1%, calculated on a constant dollar basis.
Operating HighlightsAll comparisons below are versus the same period of the prior year unless otherwise noted and exclude the Incentive Contribution. See “Marketing Incentive Contribution” below for further information.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts