Uncle Bob's Self Storage recently purchased this self storage facility in Chicago, IL. (Photo: Business Wire)
Net income available to common shareholders for the third quarter of 2012 was $18.8 million or $0.63 per fully diluted share. For the same period in 2011, net income available to common shareholders was $2.3 million, or $0.08 per fully diluted common share. The 2012 results include a gain on sale of assets of $4.5 million, and the 2011 results were impacted by refinancing costs further described below.
Funds from operations (FFO) for the quarter were $0.85 per fully diluted common share compared to $0.41 for the same period last year. The Company incurred net acquisition costs of $1.1 million in connection with the properties it acquired during the quarter as compared to $3.0 million in the third quarter of 2011. Further, the Company incurred costs of $5.6 million in connection with a debt refinancing transaction in August, 2011. Absent these acquisition and financing costs, FFO per share was $0.88 and $0.72 for the third quarter of 2012 and 2011, respectively.
Stronger occupancy, lower operating costs and the reduced use of move-in incentives contributed to the increase in FFO for the third quarter of 2012.David Rogers, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We enjoyed a great summer season. Our web based marketing platform is driving high levels of sales inquiries, our revenue management system is driving strong occupancy and our call center reps and store personnel are taking great care of our customers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV