BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC), the recognized global leader in enterprise IT management, today announced results for the second quarter of its fiscal 2013.
GAAP net earnings for the second quarter were $98 million, or $0.61 per diluted share, versus $115 million and $0.65 per diluted share in the second quarter of fiscal 2012.
Non-GAAP net earnings for the quarter were $141 million, or $0.88 per diluted share, which reflects a non-GAAP effective tax rate for the quarter of 27 percent. Non-GAAP net earnings for the second quarter of fiscal 2012 were $153 million, or $0.87 per diluted share, which reflected a non-GAAP effective tax rate for the quarter of 28 percent. Included in the financial tables is a complete reconciliation between non-GAAP and GAAP results.
"BMC Software is clearly making progress in capturing growth in important markets, and we are seeing positive trends in a number of key areas,” said Bob Beauchamp, BMC's chairman and chief executive officer. "Product development success and overall innovation remain high – we are very excited about yesterday’s launch of BMC MyIT. Our ESM sales force has stabilized and is positioned for improved productivity. We remain highly profitable and financially strong. Management is making the changes necessary to focus even more sharply on our customers and our markets.”The Company posted the following key results for the second quarter of fiscal 2013:
- Cloud-related license bookings rose nearly 30 percent in the fiscal 2013 first half compared to the fiscal 2012 first half;
- BMC's SaaS solutions added just under 90 new customers in the quarter, and Remedyforce’s customer base has increased nearly 60 percent so far in fiscal 2013;
- During the quarter, ESM operated at planned total sales capacity, and attrition was significantly below the year-ago level and the current year plan;
- MSM's non-GAAP operating margin improved 1 percentage point year-over-year to 62 percent;
- MSM continued to leverage its expertise in the mainframe market to expand or add customer relationships with 147 new product placements during the quarter; and
- During the second quarter, BMC continued its stock repurchase activities, spending $200 million to repurchase 4.8 million shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV