Regional Management Corp. (NYSE: RM), a diversified specialty consumer finance company, today announced results for the third quarter and nine-month period ended September 30, 2012.
Third Quarter 2012 Highlights and Subsequent Events
- Total third quarter 2012 revenue was $35.5 million, a 32.8% increase from the prior-year period.
- Net income for the third quarter of 2012 was $7.0 million, a 34.8% increase from the prior-year period, and diluted earnings per share was $0.55 based on a diluted share count of 12.8 million.
- Finance receivables as of September 30, 2012 were $396.9 million, an increase of 40.0% from the prior-year period. Net charge-offs as a percentage of average finance receivables for the third quarter of 2012 were 6.5%, an increase from 6.0% in the prior-year period.
- Same-store revenue growth 1 for the third quarter of 2012 was 18.3%.
- Opened 7 new branches in the third quarter of 2012; as of September 30, 2012, Regional Management’s branch network consisted of 213 locations.
“We were pleased with our third quarter performance, led by a third consecutive quarter of double-digit growth in net finance receivables, revenue, same-store sales and net income,” said Thomas Fortin, Chief Executive Officer of Regional Management Corp. “In particular, we are excited by the significant quarterly growth in our furniture and appliance purchase loan unit, where we have already more than doubled our total receivables from the end of 2011, providing us with additional cross-selling opportunities. We furthered our branch expansion, opening an additional 7 de novo branches in the quarter, bringing our total for the year to 24 as of September 30. At the same time, we did see an increase in our net chargeoffs as a percentage of average finance receivables, as well as in our efficiency ratio. We are keeping a close eye on both figures to ensure our cost structure is aligned properly with our growth plans.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV