HCP (NYSE: HCP) closed the acquisition of 127 of the 133 senior housing communities which HCP previously announced that it would acquire from a joint venture between Emeritus Corporation (“Emeritus”) (NYSE: ESC) and Blackstone Real Estate Partners VI, an affiliate of Blackstone (the “Blackstone JV”). As part of this acquisition, HCP entered into triple-net master leases with Emeritus, the nation’s largest assisted living and memory care operator, who will continue to operate the communities. HCP expects to close the remaining six communities during the fourth quarter after receipt of applicable third party consents.
Concurrent with the closing, Emeritus purchased the nine remaining properties from the Blackstone JV, for which HCP provided secured debt financing totaling $52 million.
“We are delighted to significantly expand our relationship with Emeritus, a best-in-class operator, with this strategic transaction,” said Jay Flaherty, HCP’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Congratulations go out to the Emeritus, Blackstone and HCP teams and to Chicago Title for their extraordinary, diligent and cooperative efforts that enabled us to close a transaction of this size within two weeks of announcement,” Mr. Flaherty added.
ABOUT HCPHCP, Inc. is a fully integrated real estate investment trust (REIT) that invests primarily in real estate serving the healthcare industry in the United States. The Company’s portfolio of assets is diversified among five distinct sectors: senior housing, post-acute/skilled nursing, life science, medical office and hospitals. A publicly traded company since 1985, HCP: (i) was the first healthcare REIT selected to the S&P 500 index; (ii) has increased its dividend per share for 27 consecutive years; and (iii) is the only REIT included in the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats index. For more information regarding HCP, visit the Company’s website at www.hcpi.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV