As A Member Of The Annual Disaster Giving Program, Lowe's Pledges Donations On An Ongoing Basis In Advance Of Disasters To Help The Red Cross Respond Effectively And Immediately. (Photo: Business Wire)
Lowe’s announced today it will donate $1 million to disaster relief and rebuilding efforts in communities affected by Hurricane Sandy. Lowe’s will work with its national nonprofit partners to provide both immediate and long-term support to local communities across the Northeast.
As a member of the Annual Disaster Giving Program, Lowe's pledges donations on an ongoing basis in advance of disasters to help the Red Cross respond effectively and immediately. (Photo: Business Wire)
As part of the $1 million pledge and to help raise awareness for hurricane victims, Lowe’s will match the earnings of five-time Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson from Sunday’s NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway, with a minimum donation of $250,000 to the American Red Cross. Johnson and Hendrick Motorsports together will donate an additional $48,000 to the Red Cross. In addition to the Red Cross donation, Lowe’s will use the remainder of its $1 million commitment to fund local projects in areas of greatest need as identified by its national nonprofit partners.
“Our thoughts are with all the families who have been impacted by this historic storm, and we’re focused on working closely with our partners in the days and months ahead to deliver funding, supplies and volunteer support to the hardest-hit areas,” said Robert A. Niblock, Lowe’s chairman, president and CEO. “We’re proud to stand by the Red Cross as they continue to respond to the needs of local communities.”
Starting Nov. 1, Lowe’s stores throughout the United States and Lowes.com also will accept donations to the Red Cross. The donations will help provide food, shelter, emotional support and other assistance to those impacted by Hurricane Sandy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV