Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
Background: Abbott Laboratories is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to discovering new medicines, new technologies and new ways to manage health. Abbott Laboratories trades an average of 6.4 million shares per day and has a market cap of $103 billion.
52-Week Range: $52.05 to $72.47Book Value: $15.60 Price-to-Book Ratio: 4.2 Earnings Payout Percentage: 48% Abbott pays a large $2.04 annually in dividend payments. The yield is 3.3% and makes Abbott an almost must own for retirees trying to make it on investment income. In the last month, shares have pulled back 2.6%. The new discount in price provides the buying dip for exposure to a portfolio-performing 3.3% yield. Abbott is in a strong bullish trend. The shares have moved 21% higher over the last 52 weeks. Expect more upside as analysts are calling for a price target of $71.36. Short-sellers are next to impossible to find, and 0.6% of the float is short based on the last reported numbers. Of course, I wouldn't include a stock that the smart money believes has more downside than upside potential. ABT Payout Ratio TTM data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV