LinkedIn recently has been adding more features and redesigning its website in an effort to give people a reason to visit more frequently and stick around longer. The company also has been rolling out more applications for smartphones and tablet computers to make it easier for members to connect when they are away from the home or office. Those efforts could help LinkedIn sell more online advertising. The company currently gets about two-thirds of revenues from the various fees it charges to mine the profiles and other data on its website.
WHY IT MATTERS: LinkedIn is playing an increasingly important role in the employment market as it changes the way that people find jobs and the way that employers fill them.
WHAT'S EXPECTED: Analysts are forecasting earnings of 11 cents per share on revenue of $244.6 million, according to a poll by FactSet. The earnings projection doesn't include the company's expenses for employee stock compensation.
LAST YEAR'S QUARTER: The company lost $1.6 million, or 2 cents per share, on revenue of $139 million. Profit would have been 6 cents per share if not for the costs of employee stock compensation and charges unrelated to its ongoing business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV