Another name that insiders are finding attractive here is energy player FMC Technologies (FTI), a chemical company serving agricultural, consumer and industrial markets globally with innovative solutions, applications and products. Insiders are buying this stock into some notable weakness, since shares are off by over 20% so far in 2012.
FMC Technologies has a market cap of $9.6 billion and an enterprise value $10.5 billion. This stock trades at a reasonable valuation, with a trailing price-to-earnings of 23.96 and a forward price-to-earnings of 16.88. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 17.9%, and for next year it's pegged at 25.7%. This is not a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $566.20 million and its total debt is $1.53 billion.The vice president just bought 18,750 shares, or about $748,000 worth of stock, at $39.92 per share. From a technical perspective, FTI is currently trending well below both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bearish This stock has been downtrending badly for the last two months, with shares dropping from a high of $50.49 to its recent low of $39.25 a share. During that drop, shares of FTI have been consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, buyers have started to move into FTI at around $39.25 after the stock reached oversold levels. Its current relative strength index reading is 29.36, which indicates an oversold condition. If you're in the bull camp on FTI, then I would look for long-biased moves as long as this stock is trending above some near-term support at $39.25 a share with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above its three-month average volume of 1.9 million shares as bullish. If FTI can maintain that trend, then this stock will set up to bounce back towards its 50-day moving average of $46.10 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV