WOONSOCKET, R.I., Oct. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Caremark today announced a donation of more than $100,000 to the American Red Cross National Disaster Relief Fund to provide much-needed support to communities that have been affected by Hurricane Sandy. A donation of $50,000 was made from the Company's foundation, the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust. In addition, CVS/pharmacy is providing snacks and bottled water valued at more than $50,000 to distribute in communities in New Jersey that were impacted by the hurricane.
"Many of our communities on the East Coast were affected by Hurricane Sandy," said Eileen Howard Boone, Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications and Community Relations for CVS Caremark. "We are deeply concerned about the impact this storm has had on our customers and colleagues, and we are committed to supporting relief efforts and assisting first-responders, including our partners at the American Red Cross, in any way we can."
CVS Caremark is also supporting its employees who have been affected by the hurricane through the CVS Caremark Employee Relief Fund. Launched in 2011, the Employee Relief Fund provides short-term, immediate financial relief to employees who've suffered significant hardship as a result of a natural disaster, family death, medical emergency or other unforeseen events.The American Red Cross is helping people across 13 states with safe shelter, food and comfort as part of a huge disaster response to Sandy. More than 9,000 people spent Tuesday night in 171 Red Cross shelters, and workers have served more than 100,800 meals and snacks. The organization has deployed more than 2,300 disaster workers from all over the country. Nearly 200 response vehicles have also been deployed and are beginning to circulate through communities distributing meals, water and snacks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV