HONOLULU, Oct. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaska Airlines, in partnership with the Hawaii State Department of Education and the Hawaii Association of Independent Schools, has appointed a 10-member judging panel for its statewide "Paint the Plane" contest. The contest invites school-aged children in Hawaii to create artwork honoring the unique culture of the Aloha State that may adorn a Boeing 737-800.
The 10-member panel, comprised of Hawaii government, business, arts, education, tourism and community members, will select the top three designs as well as honorable mentions. Hawaii residents will then vote on the top three designs and provide Alaska Airlines with their recommendation in an online public vote slated for Dec. 11-18.
"Some incredible designs are already coming in and I know judging these entries will be a challenging and difficult task," said Joe Sprague, Alaska Airlines' vice president of marketing. "We're pleased to involve such an esteemed group of Hawaii community members, representing a broad cross-section of the Islands, in this process. Their varied background and experiences will assist us in selecting the designs that best capture the 'Spirit of the Islands' and we look forward to working with the panel on this very unique and exciting opportunity for Hawaii's keiki."
Students in kindergarten through 12 th grade from public, private and home schools in Hawaii have until Nov. 30 to submit designs for the judges' consideration. The plane is scheduled to be revealed at a public event in Hawaii in the spring of 2013.Spirit of the Islands "Paint the Plane" contest judges:
- Maile Andrade – associate professor, Kamakakuokalani Center for Hawaiian Studies, University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Sam Choy – chef/restaurateur
- George Costa – director, Kauai County Office of Economic Development
- Hokulani Holt-Padilla – cultural programs director, Maui Arts & Cultural Center
- Jenna Ishii – Co-founder, Grow Hawaii, Hawaii Association of Independent Schools
- Carole Kai Onouye – co-founder, Great Aloha Run
- Henry Kapono – singer/songwriter
- Mike McCartney – president and CEO, Hawaii Tourism Authority
- Melissa Rivera – creator/designer, Unleash Studio
- Evan Tottori – resource teacher, Art in Public Places - Artist in Residence Program, Hawaii State Department of Education
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV