Is there a "sleeper" stock in your portfolio, or one that you believe is currently being ignored or severely underappreciated by the market?
O'Halloran: A name that has been a good performer, but I would categorize as a sleeper stock because it doesn't get much media attention is Origin Enterprises, which is in the agricultural feeds and services businesses. It is a mid-cap and it fulfills many of the criteria I like such as having a strong focused management and a strong business model. It has been growing its earnings steadily. Its most recent results saw analyst upgrades and a 43% hike in the dividend, which I see as the management's confidence in outlook. I believe the company will continue to perform well and investors will eventually recognize that stellar performance as well.
What is your outlook for Irish stocks in 2013? Do you foresee another strong year?
O'Halloran: Barring any major global shocks, I believe Ireland will continue to slowly recover at a macro level into 2013. In such an environment I see continued slow, steady outperformance by Ireland and its stock market. The market remains a good market for active stock-picking, which is great for the New Ireland Fund.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV