Today, Xylem Inc. (NYSE: XYL) celebrates its one-year anniversary as the world’s largest pure-play water technology company after spinning off from ITT Corporation in October 2011. As a water leader doing business in more than 150 countries, Xylem leverages unique global assets and its high-performing culture to solve its customers’ most challenging water problems. United around water, Xylem continues to deliver innovative technologies that touch every part of the water cycle with the singular goal of enabling sustainable use of water everywhere. To view Xylem’s involvement in the cycle of water, click here.
“Xylem’s first year, guided by its vision of changing the way the world addresses its water issues, was filled with extraordinary achievements,” said Gretchen McClain, president and CEO of Xylem. “Particularly today, as we help our customers in the storm-ravaged areas of the eastern U.S. move floodwater and get back to normal, I’m reminded of all we as a team can do when we bring to bear our knowledge, our equipment and our distribution channels. I’m confident that our business strategy, global talent and our focus on creating value -- both economic and social -- will lead us to an even stronger future in our second year and beyond.”
In its first year as a stand-alone company, Xylem delivered strong operating results, executed its growth strategy and was recognized by industry for high performance, while also increasing its presence and business focus in the emerging markets of Brazil, India, Panama and Vietnam.
- Xylem completed two acquisitions to bolster its growth platforms in its first year. It acquired MJK Automation A/S, a Denmark-based, privately owned leading manufacturer of flow and level sensors, and measurement and control technology for water and wastewater applications, to complement its existing global analytics portfolio. It also acquired Heartland Pump Rental & Sales, Inc., specializing in dewatering pump rental, services and systems design. This recent acquisition will strengthen Xylem’s dewatering solutions portfolio.
- Xylem introduced a number of new products and services to help customers more efficiently transport, treat and test water and wastewater, with a particular focus on energy efficiency, improving water quality and enabling water re-use.
- Xylem was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index and the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index, which was a major acknowledgment of all the work the company has done to advance sustainable business practices and solutions.
- Xylem received the prestigious President’s Excellence Award in Corporate Philanthropy from the Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy in recognition of its Xylem Watermark program, the company’s signature social investment effort that provides and protects safe water resources in communities around the world.
About XylemXylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology provider, enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings. The company does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands, and its people bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on finding local solutions to the world’s most challenging water and wastewater problems. Launched in 2011 from the spinoff of the water-related businesses of ITT Corporation, Xylem is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., with 2011 revenues of $3.8 billion and 12,500 employees worldwide. In 2012, Xylem was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for advancing sustainable business practices and solutions worldwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV