Obama Won the Election This Week
And then there's the lovefest from New Jersey, and I'm not talking about Springsteen stumping on the campaign trail for Obama last week.
Republican governor Chris Christie saying I don't give a damn about election day!. Newark Mayor Cory Booker playfully telling CNBC this morning about Christie, I never have to read his mind.
Christie praised Obama's handling of the crisis. Obama basically said what Christie said. Something to the effect of The election will take care of itself.
That's the closest thing to political unity we've had since 9/11.Cynicism Alert: Although I think Christie is genuine (he loves Springsteen after all), I wonder if he has his sights set on a 2016 run for President? By -- even if unintentionally -- setting Romney up for a fall, he puts himself into prime position when the office must change hands. In any event, it's all over. Obama won. Sandy sucked. I hated it. It tears my heart out to have left Wall Street in such great shape about 10 days ago only to see it get decimated this week. But, at least it put politics on the back burner and settled this petty little red vs. blue squabble for the time being.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV