Last up is retail and office REIT DDR (DDR) a name that's rallied hard in 2012, jumping more than 23% on top of a 3% dividend yield. Ultimately, DDR is a good example of why it's dangerous to chase yield. While this stock has turned out good performance so far this year, a topping pattern is sending investors a sell signal this week. I'd recommend listening.
DDR has been forming a double top pattern for the last couple of months, topping out twice around the $15.60 resistance level. For a double-top pattern, the sell signal comes when shares break down below the trough that separates the two peaks, and for DDR, that breakdown came on Friday. If we get confirmation today (by keeping this stock below $15.20) then DDR becomes a short candidate in the near-term.
Think of that $15.20 level as the nearest place where there's a glut of buyers. After shares of DDR made their first top and declined, buyers were willing to jump in at $15.20 and catch the stock by overwhelming selling pressure. But after the second top, those buyers just aren't there. That's why DDR was able to fall through $15.20.If you're looking for a place to enter this stock, wait for shares to find support and bounce higher before putting your cash at risk. You don't want to be the sole buyer trying to halt the drop. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV