BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Investors are chomping at the bit to get back onto the trading floor today, as Hurricane Sandy dissipates over the Great Lakes. Even though it's Halloween today, investors are showing no fear over equities for once this quarter, as buyers make their presence known on Wall Street.
Maybe we've got the new month to thank for that.
November's first trading day kicks off at 9:30 a.m. tomorrow, and that fact alone bodes well for stocks. As I've mentioned a few times this year, the old adage of "new month, new market" has held very true in 2012, with key inflection points in the S&P 500 matching up with well with calendar months. Since November is historically a strong month for stocks (December is too, for what it's worth), the start of the eleventh month of the year is likely to bring some seasonal upside.So, with all that attention on Mr. Market again today, we're taking a technical look at five stocks you need to see as trading returns to normal. >>5 Rocket Stocks to Buy After the Storm For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. So, without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV