Praxair, Inc. (NYSE: PX) announced today that it has been named to the 2012 Newsweek Green Rankings for the fourth consecutive year. The Green Rankings assess the environmental performance of the largest publicly traded companies in the United States and around the world. Praxair ranked No. 1 in the S&P 500 Materials sector and No. 4 in the worldwide Materials sector. Overall, Praxair ranked 151 in the U.S. 500 and 271 in the Global 500.
“Praxair’s commitment to sustainability is integral to our long-term growth strategy and we remain dedicated to creating technology, products and services that help sustain and protect our planet,” said Riva Krut, director of Sustainable Development for Praxair. “Our global team strives to consistently deliver innovative, environmentally responsible solutions to our customers. And, we are honored to continue to be recognized for our accomplishments.”
Newsweek's list is the result of a rigorous, peer-reviewed research process, including both quantitative and qualitative data from some of the world’s leading environmental research providers. Trucost PLC
The Praxair 2012 Sustainable Development Report is now available at: www.praxair.com/sustainabledevelopmentreport.Praxair Inc. is the largest industrial gases company in North and South America, and one of the largest worldwide, with 2011 sales of $11 billion. The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Praxair products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, metals and others. More information on Praxair is available on the Internet at www.praxair.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV