On Wednesday, Bloomberg reported JPMorgan is suing some of the traders responsible for supervising the bank's disastrous "London Whale" trading position at its Chief Investment Office, which has so far culminated in in $6.2 billion in losses.
According to the Wednesday lawsuit, JPMorgan is suing Javier Martin-Artajo, the boss of trader Bruno Iksil, who is known as the London Whale. However Bloomberg reported few details from the complaint. Already, JPMorgan has clawed back two years of pay from executives and traders involved with the losing trade. The loss, disclosed through the summer, forced JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon to admit mistakes and curb the CIO, once one of Wall Street's largest traders, from taking big risks.
Taken as a whole, the negative news emanating from the likes of Barclays, UBS and JPMorgan signal that while the financial district was shuttered in recent days a once-in-a-century natural disaster did little to slow the retreat of Wall Street from the risk-taking that was once so profitable prior to the financial crisis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV