Independent Research Reveals Marketers Top Challenges Stem From Multiple Technologies, Cross-Channel Interactions
A new commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of global interactive marketing provider ExactTarget (NYSE:ET) finds the top challenge facing marketers today is managing and understanding customer interactions across the myriad of multiple marketing technologies used to power campaigns across email, mobile, social media, the Web and other digital channels.
The study found 35 percent of marketers surveyed ranked managing marketing campaigns across multiple marketing point solutions as one of their greatest challenges - despite 78 percent who said they believe cross-channel marketing is important or very important to their business.
“The time for cross-channel marketing is here. And marketers know it,” according to the October 2012 study entitled “ The Keys To Successful Cross-Channel Marketing.” “Even so, they admit that cross-channel efforts pose significant challenges for them. Most respondents struggle to understand customers’ cross-channel interactions and to manage execution across multiple technologies.”
Based on a survey of 211 U.S. marketers who lead campaigns for companies with revenues greater than $100 million, the study identifies key challenges in cross-channel marketing and provides a self-test designed to score marketers’ current capabilities and influence future strategy.Key findings from the study include:
- 78 percent of marketers believe cross-channel marketing is important or very important.
- 76 percent are interested in an integrated messaging platform to manage all customer data and execute across all digital direct channels.
- 51 percent believe their current marketing technologies fall short due to lack of analytics that provide cross-channel data to improve program performance or predict outcomes.
- 44 percent power cross-channel campaigns through individual teams focused on individual marketing channels, such as email, mobile, social media and the Web.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV