Airlines Expect LaGuardia to Reopen Thursday
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- ( TheStreet) -- Airlines have targeted Thursday to begin to resume reasonable service levels at Newark and Kennedy airports, and said they expect LaGuardia Airport to reopen on Thursday.
Newark and New York Kennedy airports have already opened for limited service. By mid-morning Wednesday, flights had landed at the two airports. Most carriers are planning to begin to ramp up service at Newark and Kennedy, bringing in aircraft that can fly out on Thursday.
Airlines are also eyeing Thursday to begin offering limited numbers of flights at LaGuardia, although the airport has not yet reopened in the aftermath of flooding brought on by Hurricane Sandy. Service is also being restored at other East Coast airports.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV