BETHESDA, Md., Oct. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- DiamondRock Hospitality Company (the "Company") (NYSE: DRH) today announced that the latest information indicates that all associates and guests staying at its hotels impacted by Hurricane Sandy are safe. After preliminary physical inspections, our hotels directly impacted by the storm, including our two hotels located in Washington, D.C., four hotels located in New York City and two hotels located in Boston, did not suffer significant property damage. The hotels remain open and are currently catering to the needs of guests. The Company is currently evaluating the financial impact from the storm on hotel operating results.
"We are incredibly proud of our team and the folks on the ground at the hotels during this very trying time. The associates are rising to the occasion, taking care of fellow employees and the guests while doing everything possible to support the local community," stated Mark W. Brugger, Chief Executive Officer of DiamondRock Hospitality Company.
About the CompanyDiamondRock Hospitality Company is a self-advised real estate investment trust (REIT) that is an owner of premium hotel properties. The Company owns 26 premium hotels with approximately 11,500 rooms and holds one senior mortgage loan. The Company's hotels are generally operated under globally recognized brands such as Hilton, Marriott, and Westin. For further information, please visit DiamondRock Hospitality Company's website at www.drhc.com. SOURCE DiamondRock Hospitality Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV