Oct. 31, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has been awarded a follow-on five-year contract, worth
, from the NAVSUP Weapon Systems Support (WSS) to provide logistics support for auxiliary power units (APUs) for F/A-18 A-G (including F/A-18 Australian F/G models), P-3, C-2, as well as F/A-18 main fuel controls (MFC) and the P-3 engine-driven compressor (EDC).
Honeywell, under Public-Private Partnership (P
) with the depot workforce at the U.S. Navy's Fleet Readiness Center-East at
Cherry Point, N.C.
, and FRC-
Southeast Jacksonville, Fla.
, has supported multiple products, including APUs, on Navy applications for NAVSUP WSS via a unique Performance-Based Logistics (PBL) program since 2000. Since the program's inception, military operators have enjoyed marked improvement in logistics support including
Honeywell's Logistics Expertise
- Sustained 97 percent or greater on-time delivery of products to the field
- Significantly increased time on wing for all products, with improved overall platform availability
- Elimination of intermediate-level aircraft maintenance tasks due to improved reliability and service implementation
- Utilization of highly skilled FRC depot artisans
- Introduction of new component repairs and sharing of commercial repair practices, thereby improving depot productivity and reducing consumption of new material
- On-site Honeywell technical and materials management support at depot, resulting in improved materials management processes and reduction of on-hand Defense Logistics Agency inventory
Honeywell has a long-standing history of providing efficient logistics support programs for both commercial and military operators. This follow-on contract enables the Navy to continue to use Honeywell's PBL experience to drive additional efficiencies and cost-savings at the Department of Defense.
"Honeywell has a long-standing history of logistics support with NAVSUP, and we've shown that our initiatives have improved reliability and availability of aircraft for the Navy, while lowering maintenance costs by over $50 million. With this new contract, we will continue to provide the Navy with the same experience it has enjoyed over the previous decade and continue to help lower the overall cost of sustainment of these aircraft fleets."
- Brian Sill, Vice President of Defense Americas Aftermarket, Defense & Space, Honeywell Aerospace
, Honeywell's aerospace business is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations.
) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in
Morris Township, N.J.
, Honeywell's shares are traded on the
, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit
Honeywell and the Honeywell logo are the exclusive properties of Honeywell, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other Honeywell product names, technology names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2012 Honeywell.