WASHINGTON, Oct. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has been awarded a follow-on five-year contract, worth $181 million, from the NAVSUP Weapon Systems Support (WSS) to provide logistics support for auxiliary power units (APUs) for F/A-18 A-G (including F/A-18 Australian F/G models), P-3, C-2, as well as F/A-18 main fuel controls (MFC) and the P-3 engine-driven compressor (EDC).
Honeywell, under Public-Private Partnership (P 3 ) with the depot workforce at the U.S. Navy's Fleet Readiness Center-East at Cherry Point, N.C., and FRC- Southeast Jacksonville, Fla., has supported multiple products, including APUs, on Navy applications for NAVSUP WSS via a unique Performance-Based Logistics (PBL) program since 2000. Since the program's inception, military operators have enjoyed marked improvement in logistics support including $50 million in savings through:
- Sustained 97 percent or greater on-time delivery of products to the field
- Significantly increased time on wing for all products, with improved overall platform availability
- Elimination of intermediate-level aircraft maintenance tasks due to improved reliability and service implementation
- Utilization of highly skilled FRC depot artisans
- Introduction of new component repairs and sharing of commercial repair practices, thereby improving depot productivity and reducing consumption of new material
- On-site Honeywell technical and materials management support at depot, resulting in improved materials management processes and reduction of on-hand Defense Logistics Agency inventory
Honeywell's Logistics ExpertiseHoneywell has a long-standing history of providing efficient logistics support programs for both commercial and military operators. This follow-on contract enables the Navy to continue to use Honeywell's PBL experience to drive additional efficiencies and cost-savings at the Department of Defense. Supporting Quotes
- Brian Sill, Vice President of Defense Americas Aftermarket, Defense & Space, Honeywell Aerospace
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV